Winter 3 Fingered Jack in Bend Oregon


This is a painting I am doing from a photo of 3 Fingered Jack ... part of the Cascade Mountain Range in Bend, OR.

This is stage #1.

Have the very back of the mountain to do and then the bare trees and evergreens to the very front.  So far I have used just 2 colors of paint and will introduce some green for the pines and some brown for the tree trunks and limbs so don't anticipate using more than 4-5 colors.  I am using Matisse and Liquitex paints for this one.   Brushes are from the Dynasty Decorator Series line with smaller Foliage Wave brush, and the Debbie Mitchell Stippler brush as well as other dry brushes in the Dynasty Decorator Series in different sizes.   I question whether I could have painted this far if I didn't have the brushes mentioned....this has been a fun self challenge.

Will post as I progress forward.  

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.