New Painting

PHOTO #3

PHOTO #2

PHOTO #4.  

PHOTO #1.
IN PROGRESS.......

I originally painted this landscape design  4" x 4" and my son in law asked for a larger version so this is a  24" x 36" canvas.  If you scroll down to prior posts you will see the original small finished piece.

Because of the canvas size there will be some modifications in this piece.  When painting freehand and mixing colors it is nearly impossible to duplicate....

I have the entire foreground to complete, water enhancements, more trees, some additional highlighting and shading, etc.  I am never quite sure how the finished piece will look and although I begin with an idea of where I am going there are always things that change....which is the fun of a painting journey.

As usual Liquitex Soft Body Paints,  Dynasty brushes;  but the canvas is from JoAnnes which was on sale for 50% off and a real deal...  This is the largest canvas piece I have ever done although I have completed several wall murals in the past.  A white canvas; for some reason is intimidating.

I have numbered the photos in the order of the painting progression.


I am hoping to have the piece finished by the beginning of next week.

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.