I M Mixed Media Painting


TITLE:       I  M

I enjoy mixed media so this is one of my latest creations.

The inspiration for the piece, design wise, was a photo in a magazine advertising some kind of eye care product and it really spoke to me.

They say that the eyes are the pathways to the soul.........so I have a feeling because of the title that there will be some sort of a written spiritual addition to the piece.

The corner pieces are 1/8" laser cut wood pieces which I painted black, and of course the Scrabble pieces.  I HATE glue residue showing so I decided to try some nail polish clear harder.... I clamped it and it gave me much better results than I could have achieved with glue...no matter how careful I would be.

I  have used acrylic paints on stretched portrait grade canvas that are hand made.  

The little speckles you might see are the DecoArt Americana Glamour Dust  paints as well as Tattered Angels Dazzling Diamonds spray........2 of my favorite products to use.


No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.