The Bones of Winter Ornament

This was a lot of fun......I love winter and winter landscapes.   I found a package of tree slab ornaments and so I am going to paint them all with different landscapes....elements of winter, animals, etc.

This one I am calling "The Bones of Winter" because the easel is a deer bone.  I boiled it, sanded it well, and applied several coats of sealer....   A twist towards Mixed Media painting......out of the box.

Might be a nice piece for a man not quite as feminine....and in the 3rd piece where I have the bone propped the bone looks a bit like a pipe.....  I have added my favorite glitter paint by American here and there on the painting which is a neat accent for a winter piece.



Copyright 9-13     Diana Putnam
"The Bones of Winter"


1 comment:

Decorative Art by Robin said...

Now that is different! :) Looks good, we see a lot of painted skulls in my area but this is cool!
Robin from BB

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.