Mixed Media Delight


There is a neat little Thrift Store in Sunriver, OR (where my daughter and her family live) which is only open 2 half days per week; and I seem to always "score" neat "stuff" for mixed media.

When I took this up to pay for the bag, the clerk looked at me and said, "do you really want this" and I just chuckled inside knowing she was not an artist......  I replied that I did mixed media art and these were "prizes" for me.  She replied "than this is your lucky day, cause it is 50% off"...  lol...

I am working on an altered jar and I think that there are a couple of pieces in this "stash" of sewing machine parts that might work great.

I am doing a "skeleton" and now that the main portion is done (kinda like basecoating when you are painting) I can add the embellishments (shading and highlighting).  The altered jar is a "challenge" so it may stay with me...at least for awhile.    It needs "color" so I am thinking that I need to go with red...
With mixed media it seems as if I create in "spurts"....  With painting I pretty much know where I will end up...but mixed media is always a surprise...

Off to check out the Etsy vendors as I need an air plant for "Boney Maroney" ... 


No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.