Ahhhhhh Spring

5-13   Copyright   Diana Putnam
Over the past few days my fruitless cherry has gone from green to pink, white and green....

Every year I go take photos.  My husband thinks I am crazy....if you have seen a cherry blossom you have seen one and don't need to see it again.  He misses soooo much.  And then if I paint a picture of it....he really thinks I have gone overboard.  


Look at the different degress of "open ness", the color variances,  the calyx as it wraps around the bud that looks like a minature rose,,,,and the jagged light edges of the leaves....  There is so much to see...not to mention the delightful aroma..not over powering .... just sensual, romantic and gorgeous.  I guess this is why nature is my favorite subject to paint as it is living beauty...


No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.