Painting / Paint and Brushes vs Surface


Copyright 7/12  DP
Today I have been working on painting a waterfall, moss, rocks, boulders, etc.  I am determined to overcome the block with the rocks.... Perseverance will pay off.  Just need to walk away for awhile....  


My surface seemed to be fighting me so I went back to my portrait grade canvas.....what a positive difference.


Loved the new Dynasty Duet Brushes  and the mop on the one is super;  just as I expected it would be.  The canvas I am using was too small for the Palmers so maybe next time......


Choose your paint, brushes, surfaces, etc. based on how you interact with them.  If something isn't working make a change...and continue to make changes until you achieve your goal.   If something IS working don't change it.....   every artist has their favorites to achieve....and they just might be different from what will work for you.    The important thing is technique.


Once you learn technique tweak it to work for you...
    



No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.