Dingles Kringle


A few months back Debbie was tutoring me "long distance" (thanks a bunch Miss Debbie) as she is a good 3500 miles from me in the state of Florida..... Last night I think I finally "got" the beard which I was really struggling with after finding the brush that worked for me.... (smallest Dynasty Dry Brush in the Decorative Series) and after that it was a breeze. (And of course using the Extender Debbie recommends). The right brush and size makes a world of differnce between success and failure.Everyone says when people paint Santa's they have a tendency to look like the person who "paints" the Santa so you can see I am oldish and tiredish.... LOL... Actually with the looonngg nose he looks more like my father...come to think about it I look my father.........OMG. So off to paint some more before crawling to bed.
I used the new Glamour Dust paints from DecoArt (Orange) and have changed my tune....I really love how they worked in highlighting the dark red on the Kringle....Just the right amount of "bling".... Went on line and ordered the yellow/green for leaves and the Ice....I think these are the two I would use the most along with the ones I received from DecoArt to try.

2 comments:

Hobby Hobbs said...

Diana - this Santa is precious, paint lots he'll sell, sell & sell.
Hug Gill

Tolegranny said...

Great job on Dingle's Santas. She will be so proud! lol I wish she would blog she is missing so much.

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.