Grist Mill



My husband loves "fixing things", transforming, etc. and this is one of his latetest finished pieces. He and our grandson went to a garage sale last Friday and this is what they came home with...but in a much "sadder" condition, to say the least. They worked on it for 4 days; staining, sealing, putting in a new floor, peeling off huge sheets of some type of thick, ugly varnish, and I am sure many other little fixes that I am not even aware of. They left early this AM to purchase a new pump and by early afternoon it was securely in place, which was a feat in itself, and were poud as punch when it was time to "flip the switch" and watch it work.....and that it does. It makes such a cute addition to my husbands' landscaping endeavors and I know we will get a lot of enjoyment from it. So it is not only me who likes Trash to Treasure items.....I wonder whom got it from whom?????

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.