Encaustic Necklace


When doing the encaustic dominoes I don't stop until I like the design....and then the second step for me is designing the dominoe into a necklace.
To me this dominoes design looks like trees, reflected trees and two stick baby deer looking upward (lower left hand corner) so I decided this one would be mine. I could hardly wait to begin working on it.

I used manzanita oblong wood beads that were created by my Son in Law, some ivory bakelite vintage beads and ivory colored wood beads I purchased several years ago at a bead show in Tuscon, handmade lampwork that had just the colors I wanted, an acorn lampwork bead made by my daughter that I was hording waiting for just the right piece, Tierra Cast spacer beads and bead caps, a dark brown skull bead and two different sizes of oblong silver chain. ( I am one of those who doesn't like both sides the same when creating a necklace). The clasp on this is a heavy duty magnet for easy on/off.

What a difference between just the bead and a necklace designed around the bead making it totally "one of a kind". I can hardly wait to wear it Saturday.

2 comments:

Neet said...

I can well understand you keeping this one - it is amazing. Would love to know how you do these gorgeous dominoes. Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog - I have reciprocated. Your stuff is awesome!

Tolegranny said...

Love these necklaces and pins. Great dominoes.

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.