Faux Vintage Recycled Glass Tea Light Holders




I have been playing around with Gallery Glass on recycled glass jars. This one is a recycled mayonnaise jar. I have several different ideas in mind so this is the first one. Done in different colors they would be so pretty on a porch or in the yard at night. Different sizes and shapes setting on a railing, table or how about on a spa, swimming pool area, even in a bathroom for a nice, long, relaxing bubble bath.

It is very simple to make these with a Gallery Glass Paint mixture of Clear and Amethyst. I used a 3/4" Mop brush from Dynasty and several coats using a very light stippling technique. I waited for the first coat to dry and then began the other coats which do not need to dry before the next application...this provides the unique texture of the jar. (This definately makes me think of a glass jar that has been aged perfectly by the sun giving the vintage appearance....and yet a lot like sea glass one finds at the beach. ) After these coats were dry I used an application of the Matt Sealer using the same brush and stippling technique.

20 guage wire was used around the jar and for the hanger. These jars can be completed from start to finish in about 4 hours.
Mayonnaise anyone?
I sometimes buy a brand for the bottle.......with art in mind and I save glass jars as I just don't have the heart to throw them away if I can get the labels off. That in itself is a job....
I have some more jars, and several other different colors of Gallery Glass that I want to try out.
So inexpensive and a lot of fun....

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.