I have decided I need to start a sketching journal. Based on the book from Claudia Nice "How to keep a Sketchbook Journal ", it is not just the drawing that is important but the date, person, place or thing, color, hue, shape, texture and border definitions.
Sketches can be used not only for watercolors but for acylic paintings also. I have already started to draw up some sketches from the many albums of pictures I have taken.

I think that 2009 is going to be a great year for me as far as development of my own personal art and style.

This picture is of the carnations my DH bought me for Mothers' Day. I love these flowers with their spiked petals and subtle color and it is going to be my sketch for tomorrow followed by paintng it with either watercolors or acrylic.....


No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.