Patricia Reichenbach


Patricia Reichenbach is one of my favorite design artists......my problem is she works in oil and I don''t.
(Published in PaintWorks back in 2010) but Patricia is a steady artist with this publication.

Rather than just not paint any of her awesome pieces I decided to use her design, Liquitex acrylic paints in heavy and soft body using just her picture as a guide and chose a 5" x 7" portrait grade canvas board. 

I also found the Traditions Medium worked great for me to work wet on wet, shading and highlighting.
I painted this with Dynasty dry brushes .... because they worked for me.   I flyspecked with white, purple, and Ice Crystal Glamour Dust paint by Americana and I totally basecoated (slip slap technique)
the entire canvas with green and black.

My decision was to paint the design in the upper right hand corner where Patricia painted hers in the bottom right hand corner pointing down.   The piece could actually be hung 3 different ways which 
is a nice option ..



(A Christmas present for friends)

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.